Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Haven't posted in a while

So dear blog,
I've been cheating on you. On two different sites too...ouch. I've been sort of distracted these days with my new summer passion of being a Youtube starlet. It's not easy, you know? An internet celebribante has to put as much time into her art as any Hollywood celebrity.
From articulation lessons, to acting workshops, to late night video-editing, the glamor life is never at rest.
Really, what I'm trying to say is

it's hard being an attention whore.

So, I've been busy with Youtube and Dailybooth, both of which I am excited for. Dailybooth seems supercool; the concept of the site is that you upload a photo of yourself everyday so that a slice of your life eventually gets encapsulated onto the internet, open for anyone to see and comment on. And the sense of human community is pretty strong on the site. Post a picture asking the public a question, and you're bound to get some responses, in text or in photo. That is if you're not hideous.
But don't worry! I'm not hideous and I'm a good enough photographer conceal what deformities I carry, haha.
But jokes aside, another aspect of Dailybooth I really enjoy is that it almost gives me a prompt for photography. For once I have a real reason to take pictures of myself. And how little pictures of myself I had before this, too! Being considered "the photographer" in my group of friends, I've taken oodles and barrels of photos of other people, most portrait-like photos. But now, I can set up my own photos how I envision them AND be the subject in the photo. It's a dream a come true.

So yeah! Check out my Dailybooth and Youtube channel! Follow/subscribe if you like me or want karma points. Oh and I highly suggest you making a Dailybooth, too; it's really fun.

So this line kept popping up in my head today

Your faith is as shallow
as the lines you carve
into your wrist, as shallow
as our footprints
in the first snow of last year.

4:56 AM--July 7

No comments: